Caster; Swivel; 2-1/2" x 13/16"; Rubber (Soft; non-marking); Threaded Stem (5/16"-18TPI x 1"); Zinc; Plain bore; 80# (Item #63696)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 5" (125mm); Nylon; Top Plate; 2-5/8"x3-3/4"; hole spacing: 1-3/4"x2-3/4" (slotted to 3"); 5/16" bolt; Black; Rivet; 180# (Item #68663)
Caster; Spher; Swivel; 2"; Polyolefin; Threaded Stem; 3/8"-16TPI x 1-1/2"; Antique; Plain bore; 80# (See 1-1/4" wrench #89169) (Item #69071)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 3" (75mm); Nylon; Threaded Stem; 3/8"-16TPI x 1"; Black; Rivet; 165# (Item #68951)
Caster; Swivel; 3" x 1-1/4"; Polyolefin; Expandable Adapter (1-1/8"-1-3/16" ID tubing); Zinc; Plain bore; 300#; Dust Cover (Mtl) (Item #65546)
Caster; Swivel; 3 x 15/16; Rubber; Soft; Threaded Stem; 5/16-18TPI x 1; Bright Chrome; Precision Ball Brng; 110#; Thrd Grds; Hood (Item #67961)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 2-3/8" (60mm); Nylon; Threaded Stem; 3/8"-16TPI x 3/4"; Black; Rivet; 100# (Item #68699)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 2" (50mm); Polyurethane; Stemless; Satin Chrome; Zinc Body; 75#; Hood (Receives Shepherd 5/16" x 1-1/4" stem) (Item #68630)
Caster; Swivel; 3" x 1-1/4"; PolyU on PolyO (Gray); Threaded Stem (7/16"-14TPI x 2-1/4"); Zinc; Plain bore; 300#; Dust Cover (Mtl) (Item #64188)
Caster; Ball; Swivel; 3"; Rubber; Hard; Threaded Stem; 3/8"-24TPI (Fine Thread) x 5/8"; Bright Chrome; Acetyl/ Resin Brng; 100# (Item #69463)
Caster; Swivel; 3 x 1-1/4; Thermoplastized Rubber (Gray); Hollow Kingpin; 1/2 bolt; Zinc; Plain bore; 210#; Pedal Total Lock (Item #67983)
Caster; Swivel; 3" x 1"; Thermoplastized Rubber (Gray); Grip Ring (7/16" x 7/8"); Nylon (Gray); Prec Ball Brng; 140#; Thread guards (Item #64293)
Caster; Swivel; 2-1/2" x 13/16"; Thermoplastized Rubber (Gray); Plate (1-3/4" x 3"; holes: 1" x 2-3/16"; slotted to 2-5/16"; 5/16" bolt); Zinc; Plain bore; 80# (Item #65600)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 2" (50mm); Thermoplastized Rubber (Gray); Stemless; Black/Grey; Rivet; 75# (Receives Shepherd 0.35" x 1-1/8" stem) (Item #68835)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 5" (125mm); Thermoplastized Rubber (Black); Plate; 2-3/16"x2-9/16"; holes: 1-5/8"x2"; 5/16" bolt; Black; Rivet; 225#; Brake (Item #67480)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 2-3/8" (60mm); Polyurethane; Threaded Stem; 5/16"-18TPI x 1"; Black; Rivet; 100# (Item #68704)
Caster; Ball; Swivel; 3"; Rubber; Hard; Threaded Stem; 5/16"-18TPI x 1/2" high; Chrome; Satin or Brushed; Acetyl/ Resin Brng; 100#; Pedal Lock; Wheel (Item #69517)
Caster; Twin; Swivel; 3" (75mm); Polyurethane; Threaded Stem; 1/2"-13TPI x 1"; Black; Rivet; 165# (Item #68940)
Casters for furniture make moving large household items like chairs, sofas, tables, cabinets, and desks easier. After all, why would you lift heavy items when they can simply be rolled? While casters for furniture are the perfect, cost-effective solution for home and business owners, many people are unaware of them, which is why we created this helpful and descriptive guide.
What are wheel casters for furniture?
Wheel casters for furniture are exactly what the name describes, small wheels that fasten to the legs or bottom corners of a piece of furniture, allowing it to roll and move seamlessly in all directions across floor surfaces.
Wheel casters for furniture are typically up to 3” wide and come in a wide variety of options available including:
- Twin-wheel casters: Casters that possess two wheels riveted to an axle outside the design's central body. These types of wheel casters are often used to stabilize medical machines but can be found on many types of furniture.
- Ball/planetary casters: Made from heavy-duty steel, these casters are a long-time favorite choice for many furniture and store fixture manufacturers. Instead of using conventional wheels, ball casters are spherical in shape and more flexible in movement.
- Spherical casters: Similar to the ball caster, spherical casters feature double ball bearings for smooth swiveling. It’s also common for these types of casters to have more decorative features.
- Hooded ball casters: Ideal for small sofas, upholstered chairs, TV stands, and microwave carts, the hooded ball caster is an antique collector’s must-have caster. While similar in design to the ball and spherical casters, hooded ball casters feature a brass covering that resembles a hood to protect the ball from damage when maneuvered around.
*As with all wheel casters for furniture, premium bearings contribute to long lives and smooth operation.
What type of casters are best for furniture?
When selecting casters for furniture, you must choose the best one for the job. Not only can an improper caster make it impossible to move your desired item, but it also adds a risk of damage. The integrity of your floors may be compromised under too much weight and if the casters are unsturdy, they could also break and need replacement sooner. These are all things to consider when selecting casters for furniture.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Floor type: Certain casters are better suited for various types of flooring. For example, if your floor is wood, tile, or granite, your caster should be cushioned to avoid scratches on the flooring surface. Casters made of harder materials are better suited for soft flooring like laminate or carpet.
- Weight of the furniture or equipment: Caster wheels are available in light, medium, and heavy-duty styles, which means that knowing the weight of the item you want to support is important when selecting the appropriate caster. Keep in mind that your casters can share the weight and if you use four to support a chair, the weight will be divided amongst them all.
Can you put casters on any furniture?
Generally, wheel casters for furniture are advertised as such because they work for all types of furniture. That said, they do need some sort of mounting surface area at the bottom of the piece of furniture to work effectively. This means that it will function as long as the item can support the entire length of the rod needed to install the caster
What is the price range for casters?
Many factors determine the furniture caster price including size, material, type of caster, and the durability of the item. That said, typically you can spend anywhere from $2 to $25 with heavier-duty options available for more.
The furniture caster price here at Apollo Caster resonates with budget-friendly and we do our very best to offer high-quality products at low prices.
Where to buy the best casters for furniture?
You will find the best casters for furniture right here at Apollo Casters! Since the proper caster can make a difference in the comfort and productivity of a piece of furniture, we make it our mission to offer a wide range of options and our knowledge and expertise if you need them.
Are you considering adding some wheel casters for furniture to your list of budget-friendly home or business investments?
Have questions about our products? Wondering what caster would best suit your needs? Just saying hi? Drop us a line here!